I was able to locate the Harris’s Sparrows in the brush pile at Bradford Farm yesterday afternoon. I saw what appeared to be two immature, first year birds after watching patiently for about an hour. This was my second try, after failing to find them last week. I want to thank Ryan for his posts.

Scott Johnston

Jefferson City

Cole County

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Douglas, Ryan
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Boone Co. Harris's Sparrows

This morning Nicholas March, Saadia Bihmidine, and I found a HARRIS'S SPARROW in a brush pile near the Katy Trail intersection with the River Rd. just south of Easley in southern Boone Co. Later in the morning we found three HARRIS'S SPARROWS at the north brush pile at Bradford Farm.

We failed to locate our targeted Smith's Longspurs at Bradford.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow