Big surprise for me today. I was driving north on 7 Highway and about mile outside of Pleasant Hill, there was a Rough-legged Hawk sitting on a telephone pole! Possibly a dark morph – very beautiful! One mile later, down County Line Road, I had a Red-shouldered Hawk sitting in a tree. This is so awesome considering my days are usually Red-tail….Red-tail…Red-tail…What? A Red-tailed Hawk? Coooooooooool. (ha ha ha)

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County