Big surprise for me today.  I was driving north on 7 Highway and about ¼
mile outside of Pleasant Hill, there was a Rough-legged Hawk sitting on a
telephone pole!  Possibly a dark morph – very beautiful!  One mile later,
down County Line Road, I had a Red-shouldered Hawk sitting in a tree.  This
is so awesome considering my days are usually
Red-tail….Red-tail…Red-tail…What?  A Red-tailed Hawk?  Coooooooooool. (ha ha
ha)

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO