From Arkansas birder, Joe Neal, who, with David Chapman, yesterday, spotted.....

" an interesting longspur at Prairie SP yesterday. This bird is a very pale, probable first winter female, which could be McCown's or possibly Chestnut-collared. Before I go ahead with formal documentation, I am going to get some outside advice based upon my photographs. It's a good enough record that I think it's worth nailing it down before going any further. I collected a bunch of digiscoped images in the field. I have been viewing Sprague's Pipits there in fairly good numbers, and yesterday, a small flock of Smith's Longspurs, plus this bird, which seemed to be by itself, though Smith's were near."

I have Mr. Neal's permission to forward his photos to those who'd like to see them.  Request off list:

June Newman
Carrollton