I saw seven Smith's Longspurs this morning at Hazel Hill Lake about eight miles
northwest of Warrensburg in Johnson County Missouri. I had a good very close
look at two of them. These were the first I have seen in the County. Before today
I had seen them twice, both times with real experts, once with a Brad Jacobs led
group at Bradford Farms and a second time out somewhere in the wilds of Kansas
with a Matt Gearheart led group. I'm happy for both of those times, but there is
nothing to match seeing them this morning up close and personal on a rainy
morning.

Larry Olpin
Warrensburg, MO