I know that is an odd combination to see in Missouri on the same day!

I found a very late immature Hudsonian Godwit today, along with a bunch of other shorebirds at Taylor point on the north end of Silver Lake, at Swan Lake NWR, Chariton Co. The HUGO was missing the bottom third of one leg. That may have something to do with it being around so late in the year. It was first seen out in the water with 7 Greater Yellowlegs, then moved to the mudflat where it was actively, but awkwardly feeding. There was lots of other avian activity at that location, partly because it was more sheltered from the chilly wind. Other shorebirds were-
 Killdeer - 30+
Least Sandpiper - 10
Pectoral Sandpiper - 6
Long-billed Dowitcher - 2

In addition there were 60+ Franklin's Gulls and several Ring-billed Gulls. Three White Pelicans, some Canada Geese, and thousands of dabbling Ducks, mostly Mallards, were out in the water. A flock of 200+ Blackbirds came in to scavenge on the shore. Two thirds of them were Brewer's, a couple were Red-winged, and the rest Great-tailed Grackles. I heard Red-headed and a Pileated Woodpecker while I was watching the other stuff.
  I checked out Swan Lake pool briefly. Saw about 50 White Pelicans, more Ring-billed Gulls, Coots, and DC Cormorants back on the big dirt mound they had occupied since last Spring. The interior of the refuge is now closed to the public until March. I saw a dark Western type Red-tailed Hawk along YY on the way back.
 I stopped to check the pines at  Pershing SP where it was once again spitting a cold drizzly rain. First I was getting nothing, but decided to look around a little longer. Then I heard something and turned to watch a flock of 14 Red Crossbills fly in and conveniently land in the top of a dead Pine Tree! This was in the row of pines across from the Park Superintendents residence. Persistence often pays off! A little luck dosen't hurt either!

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.