This evening from 4 to 6 pm I watched a steady stream of American robins (AMRO) flying high, 300-500 ft) east to west over my property two miles north of Union. I estimated about 3000 birds. I also noted, as dusk approached, that bats are still very active in their pursuit of flying insects. Large movements of robins during fall and winter evoke memories of the robin food preference study I conducted back in 1965 which was published in The Bluebird.
Don Hays
Union
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/