Dear Carrol

I think she was usually Station Officer in Charge during night shifts and thus tended to spend her time dealing with all the homicides that took place then.

On 15 November 2012 16:12, Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
David Boyd
Her niece incidentally
> has just retired as a Lieutenant in Miami City police force. Before I knew
of her
> occcupation, she mentioned in passing in an email that she was 'in the
business
> of death', so I enquired whether she meant that she worked at a funeral
parlour /
> undertakers !

Have you ever asked her what she _did_ mean by "business of death." For a
possible gloss on the phrase  see the novels of Walter Moseley. But probably
that wasn't what she meant.

Carrol