Dear Nancy

Unfortunately, he didn't but records indicate that very few recognisable bodies remained even to bury - hence his name just on the memorial.

My grandmother is long dead now, but never spoke of him. Her niece incidentally has just retired as a Lieutenant in Miami City police force. Before I knew of her occcupation, she mentioned in passing in an email that she was 'in the business of death', so I enquired whether she meant that she worked at a funeral parlour / undertakers !
On 12 November 2012 16:54, Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear David,

The memory you sent is moving. Did he leave any written comments on the War?
Nancy

>>> David Boyd 11/12/12 11:49 AM >>>

- my grandmother's brother. RIP.