Phillip Roth says he will destroy his papers so scholars can't root through them after his death:

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2012/11/13/in-which-philip-roth-announces-his-retirement-in-english/

It seems a pity Roth is doing this--an act of selfishness and fear--though certainly Roth gets to do what he wants with his papers.  The more I re-read and think about Eliot, the more I am sympathetic to the view that the misery of The Wasteland was, in significant part, the misery of his marriage to Vivien, and his problems with women.  My understanding is that when Eliot found happiness in his relationship with Valerie, he wrote no more poetry.  What kind of poet would Eliot have been with a happy first marriage?

When Eliot's letters to Emily Hale become public, we will understand Eliot better.

I hope Roth reconsiders, but that seems unlikely.