A serious question: what is odious? Journalism is not supposed to be apologetics and in fact this article is quite respectful. So if these are legitimate issues (and many Eliot scholars encountered refusals to allow any quotation--even I did--is that not a valid fact to report?
Cheers,
Nancy

>>> mikemail 11/13/12 2:54 AM >>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/9672458/Keepers-of-the-literary-flame-T-S-Eliots-widow-Valerie-was-the-last-of-her-kind.html

----- Original Message -----
From: Chokh Raj
Sent: 11/13/12 07:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/nov/12/valerie-eliot

"History before our eyes, an incredible connection," said Nobel Laureate Seamus Heaney of Valerie Eliot in 2009.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/ts-eliot-widow-exults-in-his-poetry-reading-6789120.html

CR

Chokh Raj wrote Monday, November 12, 2012 10:29 PM:

'"A heroic life," wrote a friend to me.

Indeed!

CR

"Materer, Timothy J." wrote Monday, November 12, 2012 5:49 PM:

An obit
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/nov/12/valerie-eliot