http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/n/nightjar/index.aspx

- but these birds don't in any way scream - rather, they (jarringly!) chugchug, and rapidly
On 5 November 2012 10:54, P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We have those too, my name for them being 'Early Canadian Raunch'.

Meanwhile back on the off topic topic, what is a nightjar? Apparently it is some kind of bird, and not a large glass of whiskey before bed.

P. M.

David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

No, but plenty humans who behave as such......

(Longleat Safari Park, near Bath, is probably the closest it gets to the real thing - this is home to rampaging packs of monkeys who like nothing better than to swarm over visitors' automobiles, tearing off radio aerials; spoilers and anything else that it's possible for them to damage as they go.)

On 5 November 2012 01:36, P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Are there wild monkeys in England?
P.