Recall, when a student, The Who performing a gig at our College. But the noise was simply intolerable - I had to leave the big basement where it was held.

On 5 November 2012 08:57, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Nothing compares with those initial 'vagaries' of innovation and experiment --
the birth of modernism -- art and literature seemed born again !!!

CR

From: P <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: Re: Pete Townshend, rock ’n’ roll memoir, “Who I Am”
Sent: Mon, Nov 5, 2012 1:34:56 AM

The Who smashed eardrums and guitars; the vorticists smashed consciousness itself.
P.

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

nostalgia ?
“I met T. S. Eliot’s widow, Valerie, at Faber,” Townshend writes. “She took me very seriously and made it plain that the vagaries of rock ’n’ roll would pale against [the vagaries] of the wild men of the early Faber days. Ezra Pound had been Eliot’s editor, after all.”
comparative vagaries -- the older the better ??
CR