Wow! Very well observed, Peter.
Cheers,
  CR

________________________________
 From: P <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 8:34 PM
Subject: Re: Pete Townshend, rock ’n’ roll memoir, “Who I Am”

The Who smashed eardrums and guitars; the vorticists smashed consciousness itself.
P.

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

nostalgia ?
“I met T. S. Eliot’s widow, Valerie, at Faber,” Townshend writes. “She took me very seriously and made it plain that the vagaries of rock ’n’ roll would pale against [the vagaries] of the wild men of the early Faber days. Ezra Pound had been Eliot’s editor, after all.”
comparative vagaries -- the older the better ??
CR