Few are crazier and more outrageously-behaved than the English aristocracy and upper classes. Eton and Oxbridge are and always have been hothouses for all manner of grossly-deviant behaviour, closely followed by the higher echelons of the armed services. For example, the (brilliant) boss of the company  once worked for was an ex-Army Colonel and the brother of General Orde Wingate of Burma / Chindits fame, who regularly would receive visitors and issue orders to subordinates in a state of stark nakedness in his tent. This guy was in many respects crazy, too, but ran the place like clockwork, despite such as his Deputy being a chronic alcoholic, whose former Secretary once told me that the main part of her job was to make her boss safe and comfortable when he returned to the office blind drunk after his daily long liquid lunch - when sober, though, he was a superb operator, and Colonel Wingate knew it.