Few are crazier and more outrageously-behaved than the English aristocracy
and upper classes. Eton and Oxbridge are and always have been hothouses for
all manner of grossly-deviant behaviour, closely followed by the higher
echelons of the armed services. For example, the (brilliant) boss of the
company  once worked for was an ex-Army Colonel and the brother of General
Orde Wingate of Burma / Chindits fame, who regularly would receive visitors
and issue orders to subordinates in a state of stark nakedness in his tent.
This guy was in many respects crazy, too, but ran the place like clockwork,
despite such as his Deputy being a chronic alcoholic, whose former
Secretary once told me that the main part of her job was to make her boss
safe and comfortable when he returned to the office blind drunk after his
daily long liquid lunch - when sober, though, he was a superb operator, and
Colonel Wingate knew it.