From http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/books/review/inside-the-list.html?_r=0

One of the many things Townshend writes about is his stint as an editor at the venerable British publisher Faber & Faber after the Who’s breakup in 1983. Journalists were initially skeptical, but at least one supporter didn’t bat an eye at his guitar-smashing fame. “I met T. S. Eliot’s widow, Valerie, at Faber,” Townshend writes. “She took me very seriously and made it plain that the vagaries of rock ’n’ roll would pale against those of the wild men of the early Faber days. Ezra Pound had been Eliot’s editor, after all.”

--Early Faber days?

Timothy Materer
English Department
University of Missouri
The James Merrill Listserv http://www.missouri.edu/~materert/jm.html
--THIS FICTIVE SPACE WE HERE INHABIT IS / THE STOP TO TIME