Glad to report that Grevel's impressions re the limited scope were much the same as my own had been.

He adds that
For what it's worth ('seriously in the game', as it were) my own suggestion is that the end of Modernism in British poetry is marked by the appearance of Graves's The White Goddess.
My researches are currently involving E Martin Browne (1900-1980) / The Religious Drama Society / George Bell / Eliot's verse plays etc. Hadn't previously realised Dame Sybil Thorndike's considerable influence in this Movement, nor, even in more modern times, that of Dame Judy Dench.
Browne must have been a very slick operator, yet he seems to have maintained his total integrity and control over things that mattered to him all through his distinguished career. Although coming from a very patrician background, he amassed comparatively very little wealth, leaving 'only' around £75,000 when he died.
David