A friend managed to get her as a thesis supervisor. Their consultation sessions always focussed on her cats. She wouldn't talk about E. for fear of giving away something she was writing about. :)

David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Just to add, I always found Helen Gardner's published work to be absolutely top stuff, although I believe she could be a 'difficult' person with whom to interact.