You'll excuse me, Rickard, but IMHO, when a sharp and perceptive mind like Eliot's comes into contact with another language, be it Greek, Latin, French, German, Sanskrit or Pali, it is not just a language per se but through that medium an art, a culture, a way of life that informs his creative mind. He imbibes as well the rhythms of that language, the syntax and structure of its thought, as well as its vision of life. Surely it affects in many subtle ways his music of poetry. I wonder in how many subtle ways Eliot's poetry is informed by such influences.

Regards,
  CR