Dear Nancy

Unfortunately, he didn't but records indicate that very few recognisable
bodies remained even to bury - hence his name just on the memorial.

My grandmother is long dead now, but never spoke of him. Her niece
incidentally has just retired as a Lieutenant in Miami City police force.
Before I knew of her occcupation, she mentioned in passing in an email that
she was 'in the business of death', so I enquired whether she meant that
she worked at a funeral parlour / undertakers !