Phillip Roth says he will destroy his papers so scholars can't root through
them after his death:

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2012/11/13/in-which-philip-roth-announces-his-retirement-in-english/

It seems a pity Roth is doing this--an act of selfishness and fear--though
certainly Roth gets to do what he wants with his papers.  The more I
re-read and think about Eliot, the more I am sympathetic to the view that
the misery of The Wasteland was, in significant part, the misery of his
marriage to Vivien, and his problems with women.  My understanding is that
when Eliot found happiness in his relationship with Valerie, he wrote no
more poetry.  What kind of poet would Eliot have been with a happy first
marriage?

When Eliot's letters to Emily Hale become public, we will understand Eliot
better.

I hope Roth reconsiders, but that seems unlikely.