Took a late lunch and arrived at the Audubon Trails Nature Center in Rolla around 1pm, looking mostly for sparrows which I located. As a White throated Sparrow flew into the thick I noticed some movement and to my surprise about a foot or so off the ground I located a Connecticut feeding in a wet thick of cedar slash, sumac mixed with privet, multafloa rose and other brush plants, but to my surprise he was not alone, there were two more that were feeding the same area. I must of watched them for ten minutes. Three adults with a gray hood and donut sized white eye ring, olive colored back and yellow to pale yellow underbelly. They stayed very close to the ground and keep quite while skulking about eating. As I was watching one of the Connecticut's flew to a low branch and instead of hopping along it took steps, this cinched the identification. Just when I was about to move on a single adult Mourning Warbler showed up in the same area. This is the second time I have located Connecticut Warblers in Rolla.

By the way I located three species of sparrow including Towhee, White Throated (many), Song.
Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.