All:

On Saturday, October 13, 2012, I will lead an SLAS sponsored fieldtrip to search
for Yellow Rails at BK Leach CA - King's Lake and Bittern Basin Units (Lincoln
Co.).  There will be lots of intense walking, which includes; walking through
high weeds, mud, and water; so please dress appropriately.  I promise there will
be no swimming (as we have come very close to doing on a few of these walks)!

WHO CAN COME:  Members or Non-Members, experienced or beginners.

MEET:  *8:00AM* at the Waterfowl HQ's Parking Lot.  Will plan to bird until
about noon.  Directions are as follows:  Take Hwy 79 north, past Winfield, to
Hwy M.  Turn right (east) on Hwy M, follow Hwy M about 3 miles.  Turn left onto
gravel road and follow to waterfowl HQ's.

CARPOOLING:  ‘Someone’ will meet those wishing to carpool in the southeast
corner of the Dierberg's parking lot at the southwest side of the junction of
Hwy 70 and Hwy 79, one hour before the start of the trip (7:00 AM).

TARGET BIRDS:  Rails and Sparrows.  We have only had the elusive Yellow Rail
once in the previous five years (October 6, 2007).  However, we typically have
very good looks at multiple Sora, Nelson’s and LeConte’s Sparrows, American
Bitterns have been observed most years, various Raptors, Sedge and Marsh Wrens…
to name a few.

WHAT TO BRING:
- enough water/drink for morning until about noon
- snacks if you need them
- binoculars

LEADER:  Joshua Uffman

If you have any questions or need further clarification, etc., please contact me
at the below e-mail address or call:  314.387.8037

Josh
 Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
MO-Records: www.showme-birds.com