I'm posting this here because someone e-mail me off list, I was not able to e-
mail them directly.
Question was why is it hard to see the red shoulder patch on some fall red
wing blackbirds?  I figure that the molt may be the cause.  Feathers are
maybe longer?  There is a lot of imm. birds, and some may not even have the
red shoulder yet.   In northeast MO, Macon & Adair Co, Brewer's are not real
common, but later in the fall like first of Nov on, rusty's may show up, but in
fewer numbers than the red wings.
If anyone would like to add to this or correct me, please do.

Frankie Cuculich
Brashear, Mo.
Adair Co

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/