October 1, 2012
56 bird species

Lake Contrary, except where ( )

Snow Goose (1) hanging around with the Canada Geese on Muskrat Lake.
Canada Goose (Muskrat Lake)
Wood Duck - 30
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler (Horseshoe Lake)
Green-winged Teal
Pied-billed Grebe (Horseshoe Lake)
American White Pelican - 2000
Double-crested Cormorant - 6
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Glossy Ibis, 1 first fall bird on Muskrat Lake
Turkey Vulture
Bald Eagle, one first year bird eating something on the shore of Horseshoe Lake
Northern Harrier (Horseshoe Lake)
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
American Coot (Horseshoe Lake)
Killdeer, ~70 various oxbows
Stilt Sandpiper - 2
Franklin's Gull - 1
Ring-billed Gull - 5
Euraisian Collared-Dove - 5
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher (1 at Horseshoe Lake)
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Blue Jay
American Crow
Horned Lark
Tree Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet,*  I missed this one during the first part of the year, so it was my first of the year!
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow (high count of ten today)
Swamp Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Indigo Bunting
Red-winged Blackbird