We've had one or two individuals hanging around all week (including last night) here in eastern Boone County. I suspect they won't stay after this cold front rolls through in the next day or so.

Missouri's eBird filters are set to remove Ruby-throated Hummingbird from the 'expected' list on 08 October, which is when fewer than 5% of checklists typically report the species. Ruby-throats certainly stick around longer, but not in large numbers.

The Missouri records seem to indicate a precipitous drop in hummingbirds (historically) during this week of the year, and that can be easily seen in this eBird frequency graph: http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?cmd=decisionPage&speciesCodes=rthhum&getLocations=states&states=US-MO&bYear=1900&eYear=2012&bMonth=1&eMonth=12&reportType=species&parentState=US-MO

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow