We birded some sites in Ste. Genevieve Co. today en route from AR to Columbia.

Our first trip to Pickle Springs NA wasn't very birdy--cold didn't help.  BUT, what a treasure!  The geology is fantastic.  It's a fairly rigorous 2 miles, but the rewards are great.  If you like rock formations, water dripping gently off a rock shelf, moss covered bluffs…it's all there.

Hawn SP had many more people than birds today, but we did find a small mixed flock that included a beautiful male Black-throated Green Warbler.

At Magnolia Hollow CA it was another "slow go" birdwise until at the overlook a small flock came by, and in that one was a Brown Creeper.

It was a chilly, not too birdy, but beautiful day with beautiful Missouri scenery to enjoy.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/