In four decades of birding I have never seen this species in Missouri. Brenda and I did see the male bird of this species out in New Jersey at the "Brig", formerly the Brigantine National Wildlife Refuge (now the Edwin B. Forsythe NWR). That was several years ago.

Here is the photo of the Black-throated Blue Warbler we banded today at MWSU.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11503968@N00/8047460990/lightbox/

Photo by Jack Hilsabeck, master bird bander and team leader.