Yes, "half" is crucial here, I suppose, vis-a-vis the Dry Salvages' "The hint half guessed, the gift half understood", a sign of grace, as it were. And it is grace surely that makes me/us contemplate the following discourse:

The Humiliation of the Word
By Gregory Wolfe
IMAGE, Issue #55, Fall 2007

"And there are, in fact, several moments in the Four Quartets when we feel that we have stepped into a shaft of sunlight and caught the edge of an epiphany, a glimmer of grace in the form of children’s laughter hidden in the shrubbery."

Cheers,
  CR

Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> wrote Friday, October 19, 2012 12:38 AM>>>

The perception of "half" seems to be important.
Peter M

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> Friday, October 19, 2012 12:22 AM wrote >>>

Not without "hints and guesses, / Hints followed by guesses", though.

Cheers,
  CR

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> Friday, October 19, 2012 12:04 AM wrote >>>

vis-a-vis language in a fallen world

"The word within a word, unable to speak a word,
 Swaddled with darkness."

a point to ponder

CR

ps - I wholly enjoyed reading the essay. C'est vrai.