The drift of your argument is pretty clear, David.
Equally concerned, Eliot must have found kindred souls in
Brother Every, Charles Williams and others like them.
No wonder all this forms a backdrop to his poetry.
He subsumes much of it in his work
but,  IMHO, in a manner congenial to
his notion of art.
I haven't read poetry written by Br. Every and
others who are in the vanguard to assert
Christian values. FR Leavis does not seem to have
a high opinion of it. I'm not sure, but if it is
any of your concern to project their poetry
as a viable medium of Christian reclamation,
you will have to, I'm afraid, project it as works
of art parallel to Eliot's.

I should be sorry if I got you wrong.

Regards,
CR