Observed my first Junco's (2) of the season while birding Little Bean Marsh today.   Also had both
the Eastern and Spotted Towhee.   And at least 2 dozen Yellow-rumped Warblers.   Filed Cache report with
ASM.

This was my first visit to the area since spring.   This area was entirely under water for 3 months in 2011.
I was surprised to find the area has recovered so quickly.   Place was quite green and lush.  Due to the drought the lake is quite low.   Some 100' from the original shoreline at pullover before you get to the main parking lot.   The marsh only has a few puddle's remaining.   Despite this the birding was still good.

Brent Galliart
St Joseph,  MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5 2013 in St. Joseph, MO