My apologies!

I failed to make mention of the late nesting Common Yellowthroat.

At Rockhouse Marsh overlook along the paved path there is a patch of Blackberry plants and other vegetation where a male (in full breeding plumage yet) popped up and was carrying a moth in its beak. I continued to watch on as it was acting secretive and not showing where it wanted to take the moth.

I'd imagine it's rather late for Common Yellowthroat nesting/fledglings.

On another note: I seem to be observing more House Wrens this fall in comparison to the previous 4 falls here in the Bootheel of MO. Normally, I'm lucky to locate two-three in the fall and maybe one or two in the winter. This fall, I've seen well over 10-12 many in locations I've not witnessed their presence before. Just a side note.

Bodacious birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.
Bloomfield, MO