    About the same time that Brian had a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
    on the MSSU campus, Joplin, this morning, I was looking at one at
    Walter Woods C.A., south of Joplin, this morning as well.
    Mine appeared to be a first year bird also.
    I'm pretty sure that I have had a September sapsucker for several
    years in a row in the Joplin area now.
    I didn't hear or see a Red-breasted Nuthatch.  I wasn't able to get
    out until 11 am, and, as Brian said, it was quite windy by then.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, certhiaATatt.net  09-18-12.