I spent a good chunk of late morning/early afternoon parked on the Missouri River at Eagle Bluffs CA (Boone Co.). There was a good flight of terns down the river between ~10am and 11am. At least 28 CASPIAN TERNS and 16 FORSTER'S TERNS headed downriver….many also came back upriver around noon, but I did not add them to my count. Also seen were a few RING-BILLED and FRANKLIN'S GULLS. Otherwise, EBCA was fairly empty. Lots of SORAS and RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS, a GREAT HORNED OWL along the river that called every few minutes until almost 1pm, and a few PIED-BILLED GREBES.

Over the weekend I saw and/or heard RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES at Duck Creek CA, at Green Springs Access on the Eleven Point River (Oregon Co.) and here at Eagle Bluffs CA this morning.

Also had some migrating OSPREYS at Duck Creek CA, near Sun CA on the Black River (Butler Co.) and on the Big Piney River (Texas Co.) Saturday and Sunday.

Good birding,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow