In 35 years of bird feeding I don’t believe I ever saw a Carolina Chickadee eat Nijer seed.  This fall they’re my best customers.  If there’s one American Goldfinch on the feeder there will be two or more chickadees.

By the way, thanks to all who responded to my question about ants on the hummingbird feeder.  The solution I chose was to put Vaseline on the wire above the feeder.  Not one single ant has been seen on the feeder since that solution.

Robert Lewis