In late September, passerines are still moving through.

Take advantage of one of Missouri's greatest assets, our free state parks.  No hunting is allowed, so you don't need to worry about blundering into the area between gun and dove or squirrel.

Our state parks have trails (many of them paved), and large expanses of open, flat areas that give easy access opportunities to view birds moving through treetops.

Enjoy a birding outing to a Missouri State Park.  Share your finds and show appreciation for our state parks by entering your birding results in the CACHE/SPARKS database on the ASM webpage.

If you are heading for the ASM Fall Meeting, take time to bird a state park en route.  Bennett Spring may be on the way for folks coming from the southwest.  Ha Ha Tonka is in Camden County, is not far south of the meeting venue in the Lake of the Ozarks SP.  If you're coming from the southeast, Johnson's Shut-Ins or Meramec might be near your route.  From the north, Pershing or Long Branch SP are always worth the trip.

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator