Went out to St. Joe State Park this morning, parked and walked up the little
blocked-off road that is just west of the Pimville Prairie sign.  First I
thought not much was happening, but walked to the first bend in the road
and heard chickadees and titmice.  Started seeing warblers and then a few more.
Had about 25 as I watched between the prairie edge and the road. Also vireos
and the usual suspects.  Noted these  (I wished I had someone to count with me):

A. Redstarts - 3
Chestnut-sided - 3 or more
Black-and-white - 2 at least
Golden-winged - 5
Magnolia - 3
Tennessee - 3
Nashville - 4 at least
BLACK-THROATED BLUE - female, right coloring and facial pattern and white patch
at base of primaries!
Northern Parula - several

Olive-sided Flycatcher
Empids - 2 or more
Red-eyed Vireo - 5 at least in one tree
Philadelphia Vireo - 1 (one Red-eyed Vireo was bullying the lone Philadelphia)

Magnolias, Redstarts, and Golden-wingeds were a study in different plumages.
Made it easier to count too.

Judy Bergmann
Rural Bonne Terre
St. Francois Co.