In 35 years of bird feeding I don't believe I ever saw a Carolina Chickadee
eat Nijer seed.  This fall they're my best customers.  If there's one
American Goldfinch on the feeder there will be two or more chickadees.

By the way, thanks to all who responded to my question about ants on the
hummingbird feeder.  The solution I chose was to put Vaseline on the wire
above the feeder.  Not one single ant has been seen on the feeder since that
solution.

Robert Lewis

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO