I checked out the Thompson River WRP site yesterday morning after being gone for
several days to see what was around. A Coopers Hawk was scattering the Doves and
Pigeons downtown as it flew over on my way out. The highlight at TRW was couple
of FOS for me, Swamp Sparrows, and 4-5 Lincoln's Sparrows. Only found 1 Song
Sparrow, so they have not moved in yet. I also found House, Sedge, and Marsh
Wrens down in the weedy areas around the Willows, as well as Common
Yellowthroats. A very bright Nashville Warbler was there too. Probably more
stuff but the wind picked up and kept birds down.

This morning, before work, I took the dog out to the area at the edge of town
across the lake from the Golf Course. Best bird there was a single FOS LeConte's
Sparrow. I also saw Song, Lincoln's, Swamp and flyaway probable Savannah
Sparrows. More Yellowthroats, House, Sedge, and Marsh Wrens down in the weeds,
and a Carolina heard from the brushy ditch. A lovely Philadelphia Vireo popped
up from some small trees. Eastern Meadowlarks were singing all over and dozens
of Cedar Waxwings were flying around. Out on the lake were 26 Pied-billed Grebes
and 75 Blue-winged Teal. Great time to be out wading around in the wet
vegetation!

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO