While working out in the yard this morning, which seriously needed mowing following the recent rain and a week away on vacation, Ellen and I heard and then spotted a migrating Red-shouldered Hawk flying above our home in Blue Springs, MO (Jackson County).  Since it was in the air space above the house, we're counting it as a yard bird!

Jim Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO