Thursday morning, I saw a pair of terns flying quite distant over
Joplin from the MSSU campus.  Despite unfavorable conditions, I
snapped some photos hoping I could do something with them.  A collage
is linked here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AEM5uTeDG_Rx44PBKVbZVrdZt6Z_q89uekPvKSoUUQc?feat=directlink

My guess is Common Tern, based on the amount of black on the lower
surface of the primaries and the small amount on the upper distal
primaries- I don't have much experience with these birds,
unfortunately.  Any help would be much appreciated, even if it is
simply to tell me that there is not enough to run with.

Brian Davis
Joplin

Brian M. Davis, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology and Environmental Health
Missouri Southern State University
3950 Newman Rd.
Joplin, MO 64801
(417) 625-3568