No, but they're a bit of a fiery bunch....
On 27 September 2012 20:42, P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I wonder if people in Vulcan's Lane have pointed ears? :)

P. M.

David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/people/workington-born-woman-reaches-100-1.545413?referrerPath=news/people

Mrs Bethell died last year, aged 102, so survived her late husband by 56 years!
- she certainly got a good deal from her Teachers Pension Scheme.

F.R. Leavis during the 1940s in Scrutiny very savagely attacked Bethell - suspect he was a bit of a psychopath, who had feelings of hate towards avowed Christians such as Bethell (although he seems to have exempted T.S. Eliot from his usual venom.)