Having a person of Oriental interests lead sessions on an Anglican poet in a space of the Church of Rome, sounds like a feat inspiring an awesome silence for the participants, which is, of course, the aim, and I'm not being facetious.
Peter M.

Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Too bad, Saturday was the deadline for booking a spot at the retreat. Not that I could have gone, but if I could have I'd have been sorely tempted. What an interesting and curious project. One of the retreat leaders apparently aims to include interfaith dialogue in his sessions, so that should speak to the Rome/Anglo question, along with whatever other faiths show up.  And Four Quartets read by Eliot and discussed contemplatively -- I'd go see that just to find out what it is. I'm guessing it's not a critical discussion. If such a thing is possible, I don't think it would be perfunctory, not if it meets the goals set out in the brochure for that session -- combining theory and practice to reach the silence. When did you last read a critical work that aimed to take you to that destination? Just an honest attempt should offer an experience of a different order. I hope some lister, poster or lurker, gets to take advantage of it.

Ken A