From: P <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: TS Eliot: Murder in the Cathedral

I agree totally. It very full of resonances, much more so than TWL.
TWL resonates only horizontally with sequences of time. MITC does that but also resonates out of time with all kinds of spirituality. It is a joy to direct, which I have done -- a truly REAL play. It has perfect continuity with the Christian spiritual tradition.
It presents that tradition I'm a radically new way. Read the revision made for the movie version.
Peter

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Happened to be browsing it at the following link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=lc3krClq6bEC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

There is an inexhaustible quality about the play that outlasts years of reading it.

CR