Was the Brown Pelican really around a month before anyone in the birding community noticed? I can't find any mention of one in April in the MOBirds-L archives and I drove down (barely beating sunset) the day I first saw it reported to MOBirds-L, which was May 29, 2012.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow