Bob, have you tried a liquid ant killer called Terro?  If I get an infestation of that many ants, I put some drops under the feeder or on any little spot I can on their way up to the feeder, even a drop or two at the end of the wire.  They love the stuff!  My daughter and I call it a "Terro party."  Pretty soon - no more ants!  It will wipe out the whole colony, I presume, which seems drastic, but then 200-300 ants is extreme also.  So far I've had to use Terro once this summer at all 3 feeders, some tiny ants, some the large ones. (I do try to use the stuff pretty unobtrusively, as put a dead leaf or two over the drops on the ground level, so that hummingbirds, moths, or whatever, won't see it. I'm afraid they would sip.)

Fall migration does seem to have started a little early.  I'm still seeing more warblers than in spring.Yesterday I saw:

Chestnut-sided (at least 2 lime green immatures)
Bay-breasted Warbler
A. Redstart
Blue-winged Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Yellow Warbler
N. Parula
Nashville Warbler
   (only one of each except that noted but that is better than I was seeing all spring)

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - I had been hearing one the day before, but it came down and inspected me from a close branch.  Quite yellow!
Other Empids I'm not sure of.
House Wren
Baltimore Oriole
Summer tanager