The adult Brown Pelican that was first reported at Binder Lake, Jefferson City, Cole County in late May, 2012, is still there!

Today, at 3:50 p.m., it was lounging with the resident Canada Geese near the concession/restroom building.  As a couple who brought feed for the geese walked toward them, the Brown Pelican flew out over the water.  We watched it in fairly low flight (8 to 15 feet above the surface) as it made semi-circular flights, then hitting the water in shallow dives.  We saw it gulp fish after three of these forays.  We left it drifting in the water, apparently enjoying the afternoon snack.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO