The Audubon Society of Missouri has held an annual fall meeting since its beginning in 1937, with the exception of four years during WWII.  The meeting ends with a compilation of an event bird list.  In 1950 it included one Ivory-billed Woodpecker, heard but not seen.  The 1948 list includes a Common Raven, also heard but not seen.*

You are invited to attend ASM's 71st Fall Meeting, September 21-23, at Camp Clover Point at Lake of the Ozarks State Park.  Register at http://mobirds.org.  Please consider using the online payment feature.  It is secure and efficient.  However, you may register online and pay by check, or register and pay by mail, using paper forms in the September issue of The Bluebird.

Jim Jackson, a past president of ASM, dedicated conservationist and writer, is on the program this year, as are Seth Gallagher, Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory; Dana Ripper and Ethan Duke, Missouri River Bird Observatory (banding birds, onsite, Saturday and Sunday morning); Brad Jacobs and other Missouri Bird Records Committee members who will give us insight into the process of documenting birds.

Be there!   You do not have to be a member of ASM, nor a skilled birder.  All you need is an interest in birds and the issues which impact them.  The atmosphere is relaxed and allows time to get to know other people who share your interests.  I'm told some come just for the food.  The family of our caterer, Janice Houser, Jefferson City, has served our meals for many years, to high aclaim.

Email or call if you have questions.

June Newman
660-542-0873 H
660-329-2693 C

*From A 100-Year History of the Audubon Society of Missouri by William M. Clark