Hi all

Had an entertaining day's birding at Eagle Bluffs today, most of it with
Laura Pintel and Andrew Scaboo.

We ended up with at least 10 species of warblers, depending on whether
or not Northern Waterthrush was one of them! There were at least 8
Waterthrushes in the area, and some certainly Louisiana, but some looked
more like Northerns.

Other warblers:
Northern Parula
Yellow
Prothonotary
Kentucky
Canada
Chestnut-sided
Orange-crowned
Black and White
American Redstart

Marginal views of the Orange-crowned, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if it
was really a Tennesee, but it looked better for Orange-crowned and was
definitely one or the other. I think there were 2 Canadas and 2
Chestnut-sideds and several Black and Whites.

Also in the general area were numbers of Gnatcatchers, Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, Warbling, Red-eyed and White-eyed Vireos, Indigo Buntings, and
lots of Flycatchers, many Peewees but a fair number of Empids too,
including Least and several Trail's. At least three Marsh Wrens.

Shorebirds included Solitary, Spotted, Least, Semi-palmated and Pectoral
Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs, Kildeers, and Laura found a Snipe. I also
had a stunning juvenal Stilt Sandpiper at South Farm Lake later in the
day. Nearly all the shorebirds were juvenals, except for most of the
Pectorals and one adult Least which stood out a mile from the juvenals
all around it.

We had four Broad-winged Hawks, at least three Coopers and a
Red-shouldered. Big numbers of Swallows, though I never saw a Tree
Swallow all day. There were several hundred Purple Martins early in the
day, especially near the town of McBaine.

Cheers, Chris.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/